Monday, April 4, 2016

The Godfather

I have never seen this movie but I have always heard that it is good. I have to agree this is one of best movies I've seen. The way that they use the lighting in this film gives it a very dark ambiance. The colors are very dark and most of the time there is very little or no sun coming into the rooms. At times it is so dark that the shadows take up half of the screen. If the was the case in Amadeus then it would be out of place. However the Godfather makes it flow very well and draws your attention onto what the camera wants you to look at. A lot of the shots are taken from stomach up or chest up. That way you can tell their body language and you could tell exactly what they're thinking or feeling. The camera usually was very steady on an individual but most of the movement is when an object or individual that was of importance was moving. I thought what made this film successful was the suspense that you get to fill throughout the film. Also the story line and the complexity of it was what made it all tired to make a great film. Some of the meaning behind this film is the Godfather cannot cope with problems internally. However there was another goal, Michael's external goal was to stay out of the family and the family business. The main theme Will be Michael's experience with the family and with the family business. Like I said this is now one my favorite movies and I was very impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment